Protect Trails and Trail Lands
Join or Renew Membership
Trail Conference members receive dozens of discounts and member benefits, while supporting trail work in our region. To join or renew your membership:
- Please login first to our website
- Click on the Join/Renew button below
- Select a premium as our thank you gift (or opt out)
Become a Member
Get a 25% discount on Trail Conference books and maps when purchased directly from the Trail Conference.
Get a 10% discount on Trail Conference logo goods.
Save at participating partners and businesses.
Free Subscription to the Trail Walker, the Trail Conference's quarterly newsletter filled with timely articles and columns that will enhance your hiking experiences.
- Workshops and Seminars on trail maintenance and construction, leadership training, wilderness first aid, chainsaw operation, environmental monitoring and GPS.
- Volunteer Opportunities to "learn by doing" in areas as varied as trail maintainance, construction, publications, environmental monitoring, and cartography.
- Access to the Hoeferlin Library at the Trail Conference office, which includes more than 1,000 books on hiking round the world, along with maps, guides and a historical archive.
What Our Members Are Saying
After years of hiking trails in the northeast l discovered that my enjoyment of these great outdoor experiences was the result of work by volunteers. I feel fortunate to give back by volunteering with the Trail Conference and making it possible for others to enjoy the thrills, and peacefulness derived through hiking.
Got stress? Take a hike!
When I was seven, I saw hiking boots for the first time. My reaction was "I want a pair." 19 years later, I had my first pair. At a friend's suggestion, I joined the Trail Conference in 1979 and five years later I decided it was time to give back. Since then, my involvement has grown and who is to say who benefited more - trails or me with new skills, friends, and lots of memories.
I love that it doesn’t cost a dime to go running around on trails in the woods like a maniac.
Membership is my way of kicking in to support the people who maintain the blazes and publish the region’s best maps.
Thanks for helping me find my way home.